The mission of the Department of Social and Developmental Psychology is to:
- provide a collaborative environment in which research and teaching are closely integrated and highly valued;
- support students in the exploration, learning and dissemination of innovative knowledge in psychological, educational and social science;
- promote critical thinking and intellectual curiosity;
- carry out and promote basic and applied research of an internationally high standard;
- promote and be involved in scientific expert cooperation and interaction with society at large on both a national and international scale.
Who we are
The Department of Social and Developmental Psychology is one of the first University Department in the history of psychology in Italy. The Department is a multidisciplinary unit spanning the areas of the following psychological and social disciplines:
- social and developmental psychology;
- general, experimental and special pedagogy;
- sociology and cultural anthropology.
The combined expertise of our Department reflects a wide range of approaches to the study of mind, behavior, society and education.
The Department contributes to many national and international research projects, offers various training programs, laboratory facilities and is visited by many researchers and students from all over the world. The Department includes 50 professors and researchers. The administrative staff is composed by 8 people. In addition, there are several grant-funded doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers working at the Department.
Director [ 01/11/2015 -> ] : Luigi Leone.
Financial Officer [ 01/04/2015 -> ]: Alessia De Roberto.